New York has more billionaires than any other city on earth. Meanwhile, thousands can't afford a MetroCard. Brandon will fight for labor rights, minimum wage and paid sick leave enforcement, worker cooperatives, and democracy in the workplace.
- Crack down on labor abuse. Work to increase funding for enforcement of minimum wage laws and paid sick leave laws so that employers do not continue to exploit workers.
- Working together. Support the creation of worker cooperatives and employee-owned businesses, and convert existing businesses to worker-led models as much as possible, extending democracy to the workplace.
- Unionize City Hall. Stand behind the effort to organize the City Council staff, a group Brandon used to be a part of, as well as the larger effort to root out exploitative work environments in government.
- Support unprotected workers. Make sure that workers who don't have the protection of a labor union know their rights and are able to navigate the City's resources when their rights are violated.
- Queer liberation now. Provide maximal legal protections against discrimination based on sexual orientation and/or gender identity in housing, jobs, education, public accommodations, healthcare and other areas of civil and political life. Support public schools becoming safe and bias-free for LGBTQIA+ students, and the healthcare system becoming fully inclusive of the health needs of the LGBTQIA+ community.